Come connect with other alumni writers, and with your own writing self, in coastal Port Townsend, Goddard’s West Coast residency site on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State.
Together, we will explore the theme of urgency. Regardless of genre, how do we build momentum in our writing? Find new ways to say what feels most essential? Push towards creating an intimate connection with readers? What is it that makes a piece of writing feel pressing, urgent, important, and what gives a piece the power to affect its audience?
- Opening panel with LWC&R participants
- Readings of your work
- Scheduled writing time, both individual and community-based
- MFAW alumni-presented workshops on craft and master study
- A presentation of this year’s volume of CLOCKHOUSE, the national literary journal published by the CWC Alumni Association in partnership with Goddard College
- An MFAW alumni-hosted reception
- An alumni-organized evening salon
- Readings by MFAW faculty
The 2019 Lighthouse Writers’ Conference & Retreat (LWC&R) will be held from Friday, February 15th through Monday, February 18th, 2019, at Goddard College’s Port Townsend, Washington, MFAW program site. Registration forms for the 2019 LWC&R will be available beginning October 15 at the CWC website. There are on-campus meal options available for purchase, and there may be on-campus housing options; query upon registration. Cost of the conference is $100.
Please note that this Conference & Retreat is capped at 15 participants and that registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. All graduates of Goddard’s MFAW program, whether they attended at Pt. Townsend, Washington, or Plainfield, Vermont, are welcome.
We expect to fill these limited spaces quickly and encourage you to register early.
We can’t wait to see you in Port Townsend!
Your LWC&R Co-coordinators,