Facilitated by Interim Program Director, Elena Georgiou.
The PDBC is about reading a book and contemplating how it opens our eyes to new aspects and qualities of the world. In other words, we’ll ask ourselves: What have I learned from this book? The book to launch The PDBC at the Spring 2016 residency is Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between The World and Me—recipient of this year’s National Book Award for Nonfiction. Come to the first-ever meeting of The PDBC ready to talk about/think through some of the following ideas:
• What bit of this book did you find beautiful?
• How has this book helped you to rebalance your life?
• How has this book opened your eyes to the value of the everyday?
• How does this book address the needs of your psyche and/or your soul?
• How does it remind you of individual suffering and/or joy?
• How does this book help you to commune with others?
Currently testing functionality. Disregard comment text here.
testing public view
In Lake Forest Park at Third Place Books and at Green Apple Books & Music in San Francisco.
As is customary, the fall issue will be available for purchase just in time for the spring residencies in Plainfield and in Port Townsend and immediately thereafter at the bookstores listed above.
I made another discovery as our…[Read more]